Check out what David Villa Said about Lampard,Pirlo and Messi

Barcelona team-mate is the best player in the world
and not Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.
David Villa has lauded New York City FC team-mates
Frank Lampard and Andrea Pirlo as ‘legends’ while
adding to the chorus of players citing Lionel Messi as
the best in the world.
Villa may have taken the 2016 MVP award in Major
League Soccer, but he says it was a delight to play
alongside Lampard and Pirlo in the Big Apple.
The United States has attracted a lot of big-name
players heading towards the twilight of their playing
days, but Villa insists the standard is improving and is
not just a place for ageing players to finish their
careers off.
"It's fantastic to play with Lampard and Pirlo,” Villa
told a fans Q&A in Korea via Naver. "They're legends.
"And MLS is not about veterans, they have many young
players getting better and better. I think MLS is
competitive enough".
Villa is in no doubt who the best player around is right
now, despite Cristian Ronaldo landing the Ballon d’Or
yet again, as he plumps for his former Barcelona team-
mate Messi.
"Messi, he's the best. The reason is simple. Because he
is the best".
Villa insists he is still going strong at the age of 35, and
reiterated that he has not totally given up all hope of
playing for Spain again, although he accepts it will be a
tough ask.
"I try my best to keep as fit as possible. I know I'm old
now and cannot play as many games as before. I try to
eat and recover well. Maybe my parents gave me good
genes. I feel well, very well.
"It's nice to hear many fans ask me about national
team. But I think it's difficult. Spain already has
quality forwards. Although I have not given up all
hopes yet".
Villa refused to accept that Spain had been struggling
in recent tournaments because they could not find the
right formula up front.
"I don't agree. Spain struggled at the World Cup
because it is difficult tournament. We've only won it
once in 100 years".
Villa was promoting the latest branch of his DV7
foundation academies in Korea, and he says that
funding young players’ development is the way he’d
like to stay in football, with no current plans to enter
coaching.
"I have more passion in youth development,” he added.
“I think it has so much possibility. I'm not thinking
about becoming a coach or club staff right now.
"I want to create a program to raise good human
beings, not only good football players as it is difficult
for everyone to become a professional player".

Post a Comment

0 Comments