'It is not about winning in any way possible' - Iniesta insists Barcelona have duty to entertain

The midfielder has stressed that the Catalans must
do all they can to ensure the club's philosophy
survives
Andres Iniesta has underlined the importance of the
Barcelona philosophy and has stressed playing good
football is as important as winning games for the Liga
champions.
Barca have been accused of moving away from their
famous possession-based style of play under Luis
Enrique, but Iniesta is adamant their philosophy
remains intact.
"We have to continue believing in the Barcelona
philosophy," Iniesta told Esport 3.
"It is not enough to just win but how you do it, and
how often you do it. It is not winning in any way
possible.
"The Barcelona philosophy has to be there and
survive."
Iniesta will turn 33 later this season, but he is not
thinking about retiring just yet as he continues to enjoy
himself on the pitch.
"The passing of time has changed me," he added.
"The 22-year-old Iniesta is not the same as the 26-year-
old, or the 30-year-old or the 32-year-old. It is an
evolution and I think it is a good thing.
"I have always felt I was an important player. I am
enjoying my football. Sometimes with the passing of
time, you enjoy it less and less but, for me, it is the
opposite."

Post a Comment

0 Comments