Conte can't guarantee Hazard stay as Madrid circle Chelsea star

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte cannot guarantee Eden
Hazard will be at the club next season amid links
with European champions Real Madrid.
Hazard has enjoyed another fine Premier League
campaign as Chelsea close in on the title and it
has reportedly alerted LaLiga giants Madrid, who
are ready to take the Belgian star to the Santiago
Bernabeu.
The 26-year-old is contracted to Chelsea until
2020 but Conte knows anything is possible in
football.
"I think that it's impossible for me to take this
responsibility, but not only for Eden but for every
single player," Conte said ahead of Sunday's trip to
Everton.
"In this situation it's the club who have the final
decision.
"I don't think that this idea is in the mind of the
club [to sell Hazard]. I think we have to improve the
team, to reinforce the team. But you know that, in
football, there is also the will of the player. The
future, I haven't a crystal ball, no."
Conte added: "I think that everything is possible,
everything is possible in football."
"I think Eden is very happy to stay with us and
work with us," he continued. "I think his family is
very happy to stay here and play for this team, for
this club.
"The fans love him and I think there are a lot of
positive things that bring him to stay here and to
try to reach the best with this club.
"Don't forget, the target of this club is to try to win
in every competition we play in."
In the Premier League this season, Hazard has
scored 15 goals and tallied five assists for table-
topping Chelsea.

Post a Comment

0 Comments