Hazard not right for Chelsea captaincy

Eden Hazard does not see himself as a suitable
candidate to replace John Terry as the Premier
League leaders' captain next season.
Terry will leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the
2016-17 campaign, meaning Antonio Conte will
have to name a new first-choice skipper.
Gary Cahill has worn the armband in Terry's
absence this season and appears to be the
leading candidate to succeed his fellow centre-
back in 2017-18, but Hazard's name has also been
mentioned due to his role as Belgium captain.
However, the 26-year-old feels he does not have
the characteristics needed to serve as skipper in
the Premier League.
"I think we have some players who can be more
than a captain in this team," Hazard told Sky
Sports.
"When I talk to you at the national team, I do not
know if I am a good captain, but I am a captain on
the pitch.
"Off the pitch I do not like to talk a lot. In England I
think the captain has to talk and make people
ready for the games. I am not this kind of guy, I
can talk with my feet but it is not my job to talk to
everyone.
"I think JT does this, Gary [Cahill], [Cesar]
Azpilicueta and even Cesc. They deserve to be
captain."

Post a Comment

0 Comments