Insigne signs new Napoli deal

Lorenzo Insigne has ended speculation linking the
attacker with a move to the Premier League by
signing a new contract at Napoli.
Liverpool and Arsenal were reportedly interested in
the Italy international, who has committed his
future to the Serie A side until 2022.
Insigne - who has hit 14 league goals and recorded
seven assists for Napoli in Serie A this season -
was delighted to confirm he will be staying at the
club.
"I'm happy: my childhood dream has finally come
true," Insigne said at a press conference. "I must
say thanks to [coach Maurizio] Sarri and my team-
mates if I'm recognised as a leader of this squad.
"We're on the right path: we've got the will to win.
For our amazing fans, for this outstanding club.
"I'd like to thank all my coaches. A special mention
to [Zdenek] Zeman who made me become a
footballer. Working under coach Sarri is an honour.
I'm pretty sure he can lead us to something
important.
"The renewal is filling me with joy. It's emotional:
only few years ago I wasn't even thinking about
this opportunity, the biggest dream."

Post a Comment

0 Comments