Thiago determined to win Champions League after pledging future to Bayern

Thiago Alcantara admits he is desperate to win the
Champions League with Bayern Munich after
signing a new contract with the Bundesliga
champions.
Bayern confirmed on Friday the Spain international
has extended his deal until June 2021.
Thiago has won three Bundesliga titles and two
DFB-Pokals in a hugely successful four years since
joining from Barcelona but he has yet to get beyond
the semi-final stage of Europe's elite club
competition.
Bayern were knocked out by Real Madrid in the
quarter-finals this year and Thiago is determined to
get his hands on the trophy before he considers a
future away from the Allianz Arena.
"One hundred percent," he told the club's TV
channel when asked if the Champions League was
now his aim. "My goal is the same as it has been
in recent years: I want to win the Champions
League with this club. I'll stay here until I win this
competition.
"[The renewal] means that I will be here for a long
time and I will try to win even more games and
titles in the coming years.
"I'm very happy to work for this club, this team and
these people here at Bayern. We're very happy in
Munich. I have my kids here. Everything is perfect."
Bayern, who are eight points clear at the top of the
Bundesliga, face Wolfsburg on Saturday.


Post a Comment

0 Comments