Every player wants to play more – Fabregas cagey on Chelsea future after final omission

Cesc Fabregas believes he has proven his class at
Chelsea despite being left out of Antonio Conte's
FA Cup final XI, but refused to rule out a move
away from the club in the future.
The ex-Arsenal man, who impressed en route to
Chelsea's Premier League title triumph, was a
second-half substitute against his former side as
the 10-man Blues were beaten 2-1 at Wembley on
Saturday.
And while Fabregas took no issue with Conte over
the decision to instead opt for Nemanja Matic in
midfield – and hopes to fight for his place at
Stamford Bridge – he would not be drawn into a
definitive answer on his long-term future following
links to several top clubs.
"It is between [Conte] and me [what he said],"
Fabregas told reporters after the final. "I am not
upset and I have nothing against Antonio. He has
done a fantastic job.
"I think I have a very good relationship with him.
He has been honest with me and me with him. I
understand his idea of football very, very well. I
like it a lot.
"Every player wants to play more. This is in the
genes of a winner. I am one of them and I will
never put my head down or hands down. I want to
fight.
"[I'm] not necessarily [wanting to leave Chelsea],
but, in football, you can never say never. Everything
can happen.
"I feel loved by the fans here. Every time I have
played, I have shown I can play at the top level in
this team, by far. It is all about trying to change the
manager's decision, but he wants what's best for
the team."
Although Fabregas conceded the defeat left a "bad
taste" at the end of the season, he reflected on a
successful campaign.
"It wasn't easy [to lose], but it was still a good
season," he added. "We go home with a bad taste.
"But we would prefer to win the Premier League to
the FA Cup, so it is still a good season."

Post a Comment

0 Comments