I hope he calls it a day - Adams urges Wenger not to spoil Arsenal reign

Arsenal great Tony Adams has questioned whether
Arsene Wenger can "let go" of his job and urged
the French manager not to spoil his reign by
staying on.
Wenger guided Arsenal to the seventh FA Cup win
of his tenure on Saturday with a 2-1 victory over
Premier League champions Chelsea at Wembley.
While Adams was delighted for his former boss, he
believes it is time for the Frenchman to
depart Emirates Stadium as they have no realistic
chance of winning the title.
"I was delighted for him on Saturday," he told the
Guardian. "I've never seen him so animated. He
was doing a lot of waving after the game. I don't
know what that means.
"He's the greatest Arsenal manager ever so it
would be sad if that was spoilt. Arsenal are not in
the Champions League next season. I don't think
they're going to be anywhere near the title.
"They've just had a fantastic FA Cup win after an
amazing 20 years. I hope he calls it a day.
"Maybe he thinks they can win the league next
year or get back into Europe. I don't know if he can
let go."

Post a Comment

0 Comments