Donnarumma: I want to stay at AC Milan

Gianluigi Donnarumma all but ended
speculation over a close-season
transfer by declaring he plans to stay at
AC Milan.


AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma says
he wants to stay at San Siro amid reports he is set
to sign a new contract with the club.
Donnarumma has been linked with Juventus,
Manchester United and Real Madrid due to his
current deal only having one year left to run.
The 18-year-old's agent Mino Raiola claimed
earlier this month that 11 top clubs are interested
in signing the keeper, but insisted Milan still have a
chance of keeping his client.
And wonderkid Donnarumma is planning to stay at
Milan and insists everyone who matters is aware of
his desire.
"Everyone knows that my wish is to stay at Milan,"
he said to GQ.
"I'm calm and all the parties involved know my
will. I feel ready. I'm very attached to these
colours.
"Both Mino and Enzo Raiola, along with me and my
family, we form a cohesive team.
"I'm looking for a house in the city to live, a great
apartment where there is room for all my loved
ones. The centre of Milan is beautiful and I will
look for it there."
A commitment from their young keeper will come
as a huge boost to Milan, who have also been busy
in the transfer market, with Andre Silva set to join
Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessie and Ricardo
Rodriguez as close-season signings.
Donnarumma has been tipped as a successor to
Juve and Italy icon Gianluigi Buffon, a man he
greatly admires.
The duo have been working together during Italy's
double-header against Uruguay and Liechtenstein
over the past week.
"Buffon is a legend and everyone loves him," says
Donarumma.
"He gave me a lot of advice. I try to steal the
secrets of the trade – technically he is fantastic."
Donnarumma was an ever-present for Milan in
Serie A last season and has four caps for his
country.

Post a Comment

0 Comments