Arbeloa: I wouldn't eat with Pique

After a public feud with Gerard Pique during his career, Alvaro Arbeloa said he would not eat with the Barcelona defender. Ex-Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa insisted he would not eat with former Spain team-mate and Barcelona centre-back Gerard Pique. Arbeloa, who retired last month, and Pique were involved in a public feud, mostly during the 2015-16 season.
While plenty of time has passed since that spat, Arbeloa – who played 56 times for Spain and along with Pique won the 2010 World Cup – said he preferred to avoid his former team-mate. "I have no feelings towards him," he told El Chiringuito TV on Wednesday. "I would not go to eat with him. I go with my friends." Arbeloa, 34, retired after a successful career with the likes of Madrid and Liverpool and having made just four appearances for West Ham in 2016-17. The former full-back was involved with numerous battles against Pique and Barca and said he would never work for Madrid's LaLiga rivals. "They would never call me and I would never go there," Arbeloa said.

Post a Comment

0 Comments