Mascherano scores first Barcelona goal... in his 319th appearance

It had been a long time coming but Javier
Mascherano finally opened his account for
Barcelona.
In his 319th appearance, Mascherano scored his
first goal for the LaLiga titleholders in Wednesday's
7-1 rout of Osasuna.
Under pressure from his team-mates, the 32-year-
old utility - who swapped Liverpool for Barca in
2010 - stepped up and converted a 67th-minute
penalty at Camp Nou.
"At first I tried to get out of it but under pressure
from my team-mates and the crowd I decided to
take it on," Mascherano said.
"It would have been a fun moment to remember in
year to come had I missed it. I wasn't sure about it
at all but it was difficult to say no to my team-
mates."
Lionel Messi, Andre Gomes and Paco Alcacer were
also on target as Barca stayed top of LaLiga, albeit
level on points with bitter rivals Real Madrid, who
have a game in hand.

Post a Comment

0 Comments