Schweinsteiger has no regrets over Manchester United move

Bastian Schweinsteiger insists he does not regret
his decision to leave Bayern Munich for Manchester
United.
The former Germany international made the move
to Old Trafford in 2015 but failed to live up to high
expectations in the Premier League.
He featured regularly in his first season under Louis
van Gaal, before falling out of favour under Jose
Mourinho and eventually leaving for Chicago Fire in
March.
However, Schweinsteiger still stands by his
decision to try his luck abroad.
"My move from Bayern to Manchester was the
right one," the 32-year-old told Sport1.
"I always had the goal to win the Champions
League with Bayern Munich. That is why I always
stayed put and never moved abroad. I then
achieved my goal in 2013.
"The step to Manchester was very important. Van
Gaal called me and wanted quick success. Things
went very well at first, we sat at the top of the table
and were level on points with Leicester. But then I
got suspended and later on I suffered an injury.
"And we still won the FA Cup in the end. It's not
like that was an easy achievement.
"Of course, I was surprised when Mourinho dropped
me to the reserves, but I always remained hopeful
that the situation would change and that I would
play for Manchester again. And I did just that in the
end."

Post a Comment

0 Comments